A motorcycle that looks well beyond the city limits. The X-ADV’s agility makes light work of the everyday ride through town traffic; come the weekend, you can set your sights much further afield.
The X-ADV is built round a 745cc twin-cylinder engine that has plenty of getaway torque in town and drive to take you up a steep off-road track. Combined with a Dual Clutch Transmission (DCT) – similar to the Africa Twin – you get seamless gear changes over all kinds of terrain. Dirt track or tarmac, the choice is yours.
- Eyes down: A quick glance is enough – night or day – with the Rally-style instrument display. Cohesively laid out, it shows all the information a rider needs around a large central digital speedo and circular tachometer.
- Loads of room: Under the seat the X-ADV has 21 litres of storage and carrying capacity. When you’ve parked up just stow away your crash helmet and your gloves, drop the seat, lock it up and you’re good to go. You’ll find handy a 12v socket located in this space too, which is also illuminated with an integral LED.
- Double visibility: The twin slim headlights are a bright LED type,so you won’t miss a thing. They’re designed as an integral part of the front fairing and are divided by a sporty mesh grill – adding extra aggression to the X-ADV’s stare.
- Hand protection: It wouldn’t be a crossover without the hand guards. They’re the same as the Africa Twin and not just for looks either; they keep the wind-chill and weather off your hands and also protect them against any stones or debris off-road.
- Foldaway footrest: Now you see them, now you don’t. The rear footrests tuck neatly into the bodywork when not in use – keeping the lines of the bike clear when you’re riding solo.
- Being smart: No need to search for your keys. Ignition, fuel cap and seat can be operated by a Smart Key in your pocket. It has two switches: Smart function on/off and ‘answer back’, which flashes the indicators for identification.
- Adjustable windshield: The X-ADV’s screen adjusts without tools from low to high – through five positions – for greater wind and weather protection. The total height difference is 136mm, with an 11° angle difference between the highest and lowest points.
- Take your seat: Good proportions for one or two-up riding, and made with premium materials will make sure a long journey is a comfortable one. The seat is just the right height for the city, town or anywhere up country.
|Bore × Stroke (mm)
|77 x 80
|Engine Displacement (cc)
|Engine Type (cm³)
|Liquid-cooled, L2, SOHC
|Max. Power Output
|40.3kW @ 6,250rpm
|68Nm @ 4,750rpm
|Oil Capacity (Litres)
|Prolink with Rear Shock Preload adjustment
|Tyre Size Front
|Tyre Size Rear
Dimensions and Weights
|Battery Capacity (VAh)
|Dimensions (L×W×H) (mm)
|Fuel Tank Capacity (Litres)
|Ground Clearance (mm)
|Kerb Weight (kg)
|Seat Height (mm)
|Wet multiplate Hydraulic Dual clutch (DCT)
Instruments and Electrics